These are the texts that our students use. However, middle school is about much more than academics! Learn more about our Middle School Program here.
History & Geography
Washington State History
The Washington Journey
- Settlement of the Northwest
- Missionaries & Fur traders
- Political history
- Washington Statehood
- Significant historical events in the U.S. & how Washington was affected (i.e. The Great Depression, World War I & II, the Civil Rights Movement, the Cold War, etc.)
- Native American tribes of the Pacific Northwest
- Modern Washington: Washington government & The state economy
- Geography: Influence of geography on the development of civilizations.
- History: Chronological and cultural approach to world studies.
- Government: Comparative world governments in history.
- Economics: Comparative economics historically and geographically.
- Religion: Historical comparison of world religions (especially Islam) to Christianity.
- Culture: Arts; sciences; ways of life in the past and present.
Excellence In Writing, Sadlier-Oxford, & Bob Jones
- Note Taking & Outline
- Summarizing from Notes
- Summarizing Narrative Stories
- Summarizing References
- Writing from Pictures
- Library Research Reports – MLA
- Creative Writing with Structure
- Formal Essays: Persuasive and Expository
- Formal Critiques
- Writing Dress-Ups
- Sentence Openers
- Traits of Writing
- Literature: Identifying Themes, Plot, Character Development, Conflict, and Climax.
- Poetry/Prose Memorization
- Speech Delivery
- Literature Studies
- Course 2
- The Study of Living Things
- Viruses, Bacteria, Fungi, Protists
- The Human Body
- Insects and Other Arthropods
- Through the Microscope
- Forestry: Generous Giants
- Ecology: Harmony in God’s Creation
A variety of selections is offered each semester, including forensic science, journalism, drama, art, and more!