These are the texts that our students use. However, middle school is about much more than academics! Learn more about our Middle School Program here.
History & Geography
The American Republic
Geography: Geographic development of the United States through land acquisition.
- History: Introduction to the history of America.
- Government: Republican form of government under the Constitution.
- Economics: Development and effects of inventions and industries; successes and problems of the free market.
- Religion: Influence of Christianity on American history; influences of religious diversity.
- Culture: Interaction of people, ideas, and cultures in America.
Excellence in Writing & Sadlier-Oxford
- Note Taking & Outline
- Summarizing from Notes
- Summarizing Narrative Stories
- Summarizing References
- Writing from Pictures
- Library Research Reports – MLA
- Creative Writing with Structure
- Formal Essays: Persuasive and Expository
- Formal Critiques
- Writing Dress-Ups
- Sentence Openers
- Writing Decorations
- Literature: Interpreting Themes, Plot, Character Development, Conflict, and Climax.
- Poetry/Prose Memorization
- Speech Writing and Delivery
- Literature Studies
- Course 3
Earth and Space
- Earth & Space
- Geological Changes
- Dynamic Earth
- Water & Water Systems
- The Environment
A variety of selections is offered each semester, including forensic science, journalism, drama, art, and more!