Heritage Christian Academy offers high quality extended care, before and after school for children ages 3-12. We are a licensed program and operate according to Washington State and ACSI regulations.
Hours of Operation
7:00am - 8:30am and 11:00am - 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Exceptions and Holiday Closures noted below.
$10.00/hour, billed in 30 minute increments. Charges will be added to your monthly tuition statements.
LATE PICK-UP FEE
Parents picking up their children after 6:00pm will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child.
All students not picked up within 10 minutes of school dismissal will automatically be taken to extended care. For billing purposes, time will begin at the time class was dismissed.
Holiday closures and exceptions to hours
Extended care is closed on the following Holidays:
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day, including the day after
- Christmas Day, including the day before and day after
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July - entire week unless otherwise specified
On all other scheduled, non-school days, extended care is open. For staffing and scheduling purposes, registration and payment must be made in advance for these dates. For pricing and deadline information, please ask at the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Care during severe weather
SCHEDULED SCHOOL DAYS
When HCA is closed due to severe weather, extended care will be closed as well.
Policies and Procedures
- Registration and Enrollment - Registration forms must be completed for a student to be enrolled. Please notify us immediately of any changes of phone numbers or emergency contacts.
- Student Release - All children must be signed out daily by the parent or other authorized person. If someone not listed on your registration form needs to pick up your child, we must have written permission from you.
- Schedule Changes - If you wish to change your schedule, please email email@example.com and/or inform your child's teacher.
- Activities - Activities include: playground time, arts and crafts, storytelling, music, guided activities that coincide with the preschool curriculum, games and videos. 30-40 minutes of quiet homework time is provided for 1st graders and older.
- Outer garments - Washington state law requires us to take children outside a minimum of 2 times a day, regardless of weather. Please always send your child with appropriate clothing.
- Lunch - All children who will be attending during lunch time must bring their own No-Nut sack lunch. If your child should forget a lunch, one will be provided for him or her and a small fee will be added to the cost of care for that day. Snack: An afternoon snack is provided.
Please contact our extended care coordinator Jami Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org.